See also: Arrow
Types of Throwables
- A throwable object that can only be destroyed from being crushed. Despite being primitive, its durability makes it a useful and reusable object.
- Rocks are also sometimes created after using the Freeze Ray to destroy Lava.
- If the player has 16+ favor, sacrificing a Rock to a Kali Altar will produce an Arrow.
- If the Pitcher's Mitt is in the player's inventory, Rocks that would normally hit them are instead caught if their hands are free.
- Fragile. Breaks if it falls for more than one tile or hits something, or if the entity holding it is stunned.
- May contain treasure or an enemy:
|Small Gold Nugget||12.8833%||Snake||8.13741%|
|Large Gold Nugget||7.36186%||Spider||11.1889%|
Disclaimer: These percentages are regurgitated from Spelunky HD. Although these percentages appear to line up with Spelunky 2's pot chances, they may be inaccurate.
- Throwing another durable throwable at a pot, like an Arrow or Rock will instantly break and kill/stun any enemies that may have been inside it.
- The Pitcher's Mitt won't help the player catch Pots. The same applies to Eggplants, which are as fragile as Pots are.
- If a Hired Hand picks up a Pot (or any similarly fragile item like an Eggplant), the only way to make him drop it safely is to pick him up, then put him down against a wall.
- Can be found lying on the ground or drops from Bone Blocks (~1-3) and Skeletons.
- Has the same durability as a Pot.
- Looks different from a resting Skeleton; the primary difference is the difference in the size of their eye sockets. Skulls have a smaller eye socket while Skeletons have a much rounder one:
- Bone Drops periodically rain Skulls below themselves. However, these falling skulls differ in the way that they do not stun what they hit.
- Skulls can be caught with the Pitcher's Mitt much like Rocks can, save for the special skulls that are produced by Bone Drops.
|Spelunky 2 Items|
|Equipment||Paste • Spectacles • Climbing Gloves • Pitcher's Mitt • Spring Shoes • Spike Shoes • Compass • Alien Compass • Parachute • Udjat Eye • Kapala • Ankh • Tablet of Destiny • Skeleton Key • Four-Leaf Clover|
|Crowns||Crown • Hedjet • The True Crown • Eggplant Crown|
|Backwear||Cape • Vlad's Cape • Jetpack • Telepack • Hoverpack • Powerpack|
|Power-ups||Bombs • Ropes • Royal Jelly • Cooked Turkey • Elixir|
|Usable Items||Webgun • Shotgun • Freeze Ray • Clone Gun • Crossbow • Camera • Teleporter • Mattock • Boomerang • Machete • Excalibur • Broken Sword • Plasma Cannon • Scepter • Hou Yi's Bow • Wooden Shield • Metal Shield|
|Miscellaneous||Arrow of Light • Idol • The Tusk Idol • Curse Pot • Ushabti • Eggplant|
|Traps||Bear Trap • Landmine|
|No Journal Entry||Crate • Present • Chest • Key • Gold Key • Locked Chest • Arrows • Torch • Punish Ball • Die • Pot of Gold • Treasure • Player Bag • Giant Food • Scrap|