There are multiple hoops you must jump through in order to get your hands on The Tusk Idol:
- Steal anything from a Shopkeeper in a way that triggers the "Stop, thief!" text.
- The player must take an item without damaging the shopkeeper or store first. The player may damage them afterward. If the message is "Vandal!" instead of "Stop, thief!", then the player will not be able to continue to the next step in the quest until they have successfully triggered it.
- Two levels after the player stole, the player will find a small wooden structure somewhere on the level. Within is a thief named Sparrow who will hand them a single rope and complement the player for being a skilled thief, while also challenging them to steal from Madame Tusk.
- Find Madame Tusk's Dice House in either 4-1 or 4-3 of Tide Pool. The Tusk Idol is behind the locked door located right outside. One can open this door with any Metal Key or with a more easily obtained Skeleton Key and obtain the Tusk Idol.
- It is important to note that if the player did not do the previous two steps, The Tusk Idol will already have been stolen by Sparrow, with her leaving a note reading "Too bad. I got here first."
- Killing Madame Tusk will drop a Metal Key, if the player is in need of one.
- Killing her will cause her Palace of Pleasure to not spawn in Neo Babylon.
- If Tusk or her Bodyguard sees the player with The Tusk Idol, they will immediately anger.
- The Tusk Idol is a necessary step in advancing the questline with Sparrow, as after successfully stealing it, she will later appear in Neo Babylon 6-1 to tell the player of their plans to help them steal from Madame Tusk's Palace of Pleasure.
- If the player has been marked as a thief specifically on World 2, Sparrow will spawn in her usual structure within the first level of Tide Pool, relocating Tusk's dice house to 4-3, allowing one to obtain the Clone Gun before stealing The Tusk Idol. This can net the player a maximum of $160,000 from securing 4 Tusk Idols.
- In addition to being triggered if they see the player holding the Tusk Idol in front of them, Tusk's Bodyguard will also anger if the player gets 1 tile or more closer to him while holding it, even if there is a wall, floor, or ceiling between him and the player.
- Strangely, if the Bodyguard dies to something that the player is not blamed for, they will be able to sell the Tusk Idol to Madame Tusk by setting it down in her Dice House.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.