Shotguns are a type of Weapon in Spelunky 2.
Shotguns can be obtained via various means:
|Weapon Shops||Shopkeepers||Crates (49/5000 chance)|
|Dice Houses||Tusk's Bodyguards||Presents (1/25 chance)|
|Tun's Curio Shops||Randomly buried in terrain|
|Caveman Shops (rare)|
When used, Shotguns fire a blast of buckshot in front of the user. Blasts consist of 6 pellets, each dealing 4 damage. If a pellet hits an entity, there is a brief delay before another pellet can damage it, in order to prevent them from taking too much damage at once.
After being fired, there is a delay of 49 frames (24 frames with a Powerpack equipped) before the Shotgun can be fired again.
Firing also recoils the user back by approximately a tile's length, and knocks them off of any ropes, ladders, or similar climbing object that they were on. If the climbable object was against a wall, firing from against the wall briefly knocks the user off, before they automatically reattach to the object. Riding a Mount or wearing a Powerpack greatly decreases recoil and prevents it from pushing the user off of climbable objects.
- Shotguns can deal heavy damage, although care for one's surroundings should be taken when utilizing one.
- Some threats can reflect shotgun pellets back at the user, such as Robots, Forcefields, held Metal Shields/Wooden Shields, and armored Olmites.
- Recoil may push the user into dangerous positions if not accounted for or mitigated.
- Buckshot fired offscreen may hit unwanted targets, such as Pets or Curse Pots.
- It is possible to jump one tile higher with the shotgun's recoil by firing and then jumping in rapid succession. This is a strategy known as "shotgun jumping", and can be combined with Spring Shoes to effectively double the Spelunker's natural jumping height.
Disclaimer: All content from Version 1.25 and onwards are currently unavailable on PS4.
In Europe, Africa, Middle East & Oceania, all content after Version 1.20.4d are also unavailable on PS4. This is due to multiple reasons, although content will be available in the future.
- No version history available.
Appearances in other Spelunky games:
|Spelunky 2 Items|
|Equipment||Paste • Spectacles • Climbing Gloves • Pitcher's Mitt • Spring Shoes • Spike Shoes • Compass • Alien Compass • Parachute • Udjat Eye • Kapala • Ankh • Tablet of Destiny • Skeleton Key • Four-Leaf Clover|
|Crowns||Hedjet • Crown • Eggplant Crown • The True Crown|
|Backwear||Cape • Vlad's Cape • Jetpack • Telepack • Hoverpack • Powerpack|
|Power-ups||Bombs • Ropes • Royal Jelly • Cooked Turkey • Elixir|
|Usable Items||Webgun • Shotgun • Freeze Ray • Clone Gun • Crossbow • Camera • Teleporter • Mattock • Boomerang • Machete • Excalibur • Broken Sword • Plasma Cannon • Scepter • Hou Yi's Bow • Wooden Shield • Metal Shield|
|Miscellaneous||Arrow of Light • Idol • The Tusk Idol • Curse Pot • Ushabti • Eggplant|
|Traps||Bear Trap • Landmine|
|No Journal Entry||Crate • Present • Chest • Key • Gold Key • Locked Chest • Arrows • Torch • Punish Ball • Die • Pot of Gold • Treasure • Player Bag • Giant Food • Scrap|