The Plasma Cannon is a Weapon in Spelunky 2.
The Plasma Cannon is the most powerful weapon in the game, capable of demolishing entire levels and turning most common enemies into smoldering chunks.
When used, Plasma Cannons fire a fast moving ball of plasma that explodes on contact with the same radius of a bomb. The projectile itself deals 10 contact damage as well as 10 damage + 1 fire damage from the resultant explosion, totaling up to 21 damage in a single shot.
After being fired, Plasma Cannons can be fired again after 2.48 seconds. If used in conjunction with a Powerpack (2), Plasma Cannons will instead be able to fire after 1.23 seconds of recharging, and launch the user back only two tiles (none if they are riding a mount) after firing, massively increasing combat potential.
While not held by a user, Plasma Cannons explode if crushed or from making contact with lava. This explosion has the same potency as that of a bomb upgraded by a Powerpack, destroying up to three tiles in the cardinal directions.
The Plasma Cannon's massive capabilities for destruction make it an incredibly valuable tool to the player, allowing them to destroy Traps and enemies with ease. This is particularly the case in high score runs, where it can uncover massive quantities of treasure from the ground at little cost.
- With both its explosive capabilities and excessive recoil, the Plasma Cannon is as much of a threat to the user as it is to enemies. An incautious Spelunker can easily blow themselves up with the projectile or lurched back into a dangerous position with the recoil.
- The ideal condition for shooting a Plasma Cannon is against a wall and at least 2 tiles away from the desired target before firing in order to minimize risk.
- One should be vigilant of forcefields, robots, and other hazards that may reflect the Plasma Cannon's projectile back at them, which would likely kill them instantly or put them in a dangerous situation.
- The Cannon's projectile can and will hit corpses in its line of fire; the user should account for the bodies of enemies before firing.
Disclaimer: All content from Version 1.25 and onwards are currently unavailable on PS4.
In Europe, Africa, Middle East & Oceania, all content after Version 1.20.4d are also unavailable on PS4. This is due to multiple reasons, although content will be available in the future.
- Prevented plasma cannons from exploding on touching lava while being held
- The plasma cannon will now explode on being crushed or on falling to the lava
- Improved how hired hands handle plasma cannon to prevent some catastrophes
Appearances in other Spelunky games:
|Spelunky 2 Items|
|Equipment||Paste • Spectacles • Climbing Gloves • Pitcher's Mitt • Spring Shoes • Spike Shoes • Compass • Alien Compass • Parachute • Udjat Eye • Kapala • Ankh • Tablet of Destiny • Skeleton Key • Four-Leaf Clover|
|Crowns||Hedjet • Crown • Eggplant Crown • The True Crown|
|Backwear||Cape • Vlad's Cape • Jetpack • Telepack • Hoverpack • Powerpack|
|Power-ups||Bombs • Ropes • Royal Jelly • Cooked Turkey • Elixir|
|Usable Items||Webgun • Shotgun • Freeze Ray • Clone Gun • Crossbow • Camera • Teleporter • Mattock • Boomerang • Machete • Excalibur • Broken Sword • Plasma Cannon • Scepter • Hou Yi's Bow • Wooden Shield • Metal Shield|
|Miscellaneous||Arrow of Light • Idol • The Tusk Idol • Curse Pot • Ushabti • Eggplant|
|Traps||Bear Trap • Landmine|
|No Journal Entry||Crate • Present • Chest • Key • Gold Key • Locked Chest • Arrows • Torch • Punish Ball • Die • Pot of Gold • Treasure • Player Bag • Giant Food • Scrap|