Olmites are an enemy in Spelunky 2.
They spawn exclusively in Neo Babylon.
Olmites walk around back and forth, turning around if they meet a ledge. If they spot the Spelunker, they leap up in the air in attempt to slam down onto them, much like Olmec. Olmites deal 1 contact damage, even if performing their slam attack. If in a one tile gap where there is not enough space to leap at the Spelunker, they instead charge in their direction.
They can occasionally be seen wearing gold armor. This armor makes them immune to Cameras:
- Helmet Olmites are immune to damage from the top, making it impossible to stomp on them. Vertically traveling projectiles such as those fired from a UFO will be reflected upward.
- Masked Olmites are immune to damage from the front and back. They reflect all projectiles shot from these angles, such as the buckshot of a Shotgun. They do not try to charge at the Spelunker, and will only attempt a slam attack.
Armored Olmites occasionally spawn stacked on top of each other, akin to tiki totems. Up to four Olmites can stack together, and fall off from the tower if damaged or pushed horizontally. A Camera may be used to disassemble Olmite totems.
Olmites can also be seen piloting stolen Mechs.
- Although Olmites are generally weak, they are prone to being launched by Spark Traps, which ignites them and may send them barreling towards the Spelunker. With a flammable Backpack, such as the Jetpack, the player is likely to be exploded into bits.
- Olmite totems in specific placements and Masked Olmites in a 1 tile tall space may block the way forward, forcing the player to go around or even use a resource such as a Bomb.
- Olmites make great feed for Kali Altars, as their large quantities in Neo Babylon can earn the player a lot of favor, even when offered dead.
Disclaimer: All content from Version 1.25 and onwards are currently unavailable on PS4.
In Europe, Africa, Middle East & Oceania, all content after Version 1.20.4d are also unavailable on PS4. This is due to multiple reasons, although content will be available in the future.
- Olmites will now unstack if they get pushed horizontally
- Fragile stuff thrown at armored Olmites now correctly breaks
- Prevented hired hands from shooting robots and body armored olmites