The Mothership is a hidden backlayer area in Spelunky 2's Ice Caves.
The Mothership consists of five floors. From bottom to top:
- Floor 1: The entrance, with numerous Forcefields.
- Floor 2: Lahamu. guarding her on both sides are a Forcefield and Generator that produces Proto Shopkeepers and, rarely, hostile Shopkeepers.
- Floor 3: A Plasma Cannon guarded by four forcefields.
- Causing a nearby explosion or killing Lahamu will allow access to it.
- Floor 4: A large pen containing multiple Proto Shopkeeper/Shopkeeper Generators.
- Floor 5: A large vat of green liquid containing a giant old man that resembles a Shopkeeper.
The Shopkeepers that spawn from the Mothership's Generators are technically a separate entity from regular Shopkeepers, and as such attacking or killing them does not anger Shopkeepers for later levels nor does it count towards Criminalus.
- The giant old man at the top of the Mothership is implied to be "The Original Man", a figure mentioned in the Proto Shopkeeper journal entry.