In order to reach the Eggplant Child, one must bring an Eggplant to the Moai in The Ice Caves. Next to the Moai will be an Eggplant Altar. If the player drops the Eggplant there, the Moai will open, leading the way to the Eggplant Child.
The Eggplant Child has the exact same AI as a Hired Hand with full trust. As it comes fully trusting of the player, it will allow the player to hold it for 2 minutes and will instantly go to sleep for 2 minutes when put down.
If a Spelunker makes it to the Sunken City with the Eggplant Child safe and sound, they can find the Mother Statue and put the Eggplant Child into her arms. Doing this will open the door to Eggplant World, where one may encounter the Eggplant King, who drops 10 Eggplant Flesh and the Eggplant Crown.
- As the Eggplant Child has the exact same AI as a Hired Hand, it will try to attack nearby hostiles and pick up nearby objects, even waking up from it's sleep to do so.
- This also means that it will instantly teleport to the next level when the player exits the current level, regardless of it's location.
- As it will sleep for two minutes, the player must play around this. Note that it will also allow the player to hold it for 2 minutes, meaning they can carry them as they please.
- While escorting the child through Neo Babylon, it may be prudent to carry them into and leave them in either the Ushabti room or Madame Tusk's Palace of Pleasure (provided that the player is a VIP and is allowed to enter), if the player believes that they will not be able to complete the level in time before the child wakes up.
- Note that the Eggplant Child will even wake up to attack enemies that have a wall, floor, or ceiling between them and the Child.