The Curse Pot, colloquially known as the "Ghost Pot", is a special pot that will spawn in every standard level. It is a gray moldy pot with a face of despair engraved into it.
If the pot is dropped on or thrown at an entity, or an entity is thrown at the Curse pot, they will be Cursed, and left at 1 HP.
Some Curse Pots are guaranteed to spawn in specific locations throughout the caves in certain levels, in order to lower the risk of them being randomly smashed:
- A section of Vlad's Castle containing loot, found just below where the Crown spawns.
- The sub-area inside of a Restless Dead level.
- Inside of the Wet Fur cave of The Ice Caves, inside of a niche above the Yeti King.
- Behind a Forcefield in the very beginning of 6-1 of Neo Babylon.
- Inside the Ushabti room of Neo Babylon's 6-2.
- Within the basement of Madame Tusk's Palace of Pleasure, behind a Forcefield and covered in bone blocks.
There can only be one Curse Pot per level; Giving Waddler a Curse Pot to carry from The Ice Caves to the Sunken City will deny another from spawning in 7-1, where Waddler spawns. Because of this, the only way to obtain multiple curse pots in one level is by Cloning it.
Destroying multiple Curse Pots or destroying a Curse Pot while the Ghost is already on the level will not summon another Ghost.
- Curse Pots are one of the best sources of treasure in particularly the early stages of the game, especially if one is wanting to hoard up money to spend in The Black Market.
- In order to secure the valuable diamond inside while avoiding the wrath of The Ghost, it is recommended to leave it by the level exit, only breaking it when the player is finished with the level and ready to leave.
- Curse Pots may also be used to speed up the process of Ghosting normal gems into diamonds, as the player will not have to run the timer down and wait for the Ghost to spawn.
- If necessary, the player should ensure the safety of the Curse Pot from other threats, such as projectiles, explosives, or angry Shopkeepers.
- In the Sunken City, Fire Frogs may detonate from the many traps in the area, exploding the Curse Pot.
- The Curse Pot may be used in the Dwelling to curse the player, allowing them access into the Ghist Shop.
- While it is easiest to have another player throw the pot at them in Co-op, one who wishes to be cursed in Singleplayer has to be knocked into the Curse Pot by a Totem Trap or have the pot fall on their heads after two or more tiles under it were destroyed; this is easily done with bombs or placing the pot on top of two Bone Blocks, before destroying the blocks and running under the pot.