Constellations are left behind by the player as they become one with the cosmos by reaching 7-99 in the Cosmic Ocean. They are similar to the Journal's run recaps, and will describe to the player what they did in the run. The most recent constellation that the player created will be visible in the Camp if the player uses the telescope, as well as in the background when the player completes either of the other two possible Endings.
Constellation Name + Appearance
The Constellation will be given a special name consisting of a prefix and a suffix, depending on what the player did.
Some words have a higher priority than others; for example, if a player meets the criteria for the word Canis but also meets the criteria for Solanum, the constellation's first word will be Solanum, as it has priority.
The following charts display each word, going from highest priority on the list to lowest priority.
|Word||Latin Meaning||Criteria||Effect on Constellation|
|Solanum||Eggplant||Have the Eggplant Crown||Bright Purple Star.|
|Animus||Heart||Have 50 or more HP||Amount of stars on constellation increases with total HP|
|Canis||Dog||Rescued 16 or more Dogs||Additional small orange stars, 1 for every 4 Dogs rescued.|
|Cattus||Cat||Rescued 16 or more Cats||Additional small orange stars, 1 for every 4 Cats rescued.|
|Phodopus||Hamster||Rescued 16 or more Hamsters||Additional small orange stars, 1 for every 4 Hamsters rescued.|
|Felix||Luck||Meet no other criteria||Nothing.|
|Word||Latin Meaning||Criteria||Effect on Constellation|
|Asinus||Fool||Have The True Crown||None|
|Celeritas||Speed||Complete the game in under 1:56:00 (1 minute average per level)||Stars are more spread out.|
|Major||Large/Extreme||Have over $1,000,000||Stars with a golden halo around them appear. One star appears for each million earned.|
|Fidelis||Loyalty, Faithfulness||Have 24 or more favor at Kali's Altars||Stars with a red halo around them appear. 16 favor grants one star, while every 8 favor after grants another.|
|Criminalus||Criminal||Killed 16 or more NPCs||Lines linking constellation together become progressively more red with more NPCs killed.|
|Minor||Little||Meet no other criteria||Nothing.|
- For Celeritas, time elapsed while the game is paused counts towards the timer as well. The only place where the player can take a break without accruing extra time is by AFKing in the level transition screen or options menu.
- The player should be paying attention to their total elapsed time. Although flexible due to some levels throughout the run being shorter and able to be completed in under a minute, a player who is at rigid Celeritas pace makes it to Olmec's Lair at 8 minutes, Neo Babylon at 14 minutes, Hundun's Hideaway at 21 minutes, 7-25 at 43 minutes, 7-50 at 1 hour and 8 minutes, and 7-75 at 1 hour and 33 minutes.
- Animus, Canis/Cattus/Phodopus, Fidelis, and Criminalus are all simply milestones, and the effect they give the constellation will appear if the player meets a criteria.
- For example, rescuing 4 dogs will cause a single small orange star to appear, despite the player needing to rescue 16 to make Canis the first word of the constellation (If criteria for higher priority words is not met).
- Killing 8 NPCs will give the lines linking a constellation a pink tint, while killing 16 or more will make the lines a deep red and make the constellation's second word Criminalus (If criteria for higher priority words is not met).
- NPCs don't have to be killed by the player to count towards Criminalus, and simply have to die. This makes it possible to achieve Criminalus by having Shopkeepers or Tusk's Bodyguards kill each other with their Shotguns trying to attack the player.
- This also means you can technically achieve Criminalus and a Pacifist run in the same run, by fooling NPCs into getting killed by other entities or killing themselves on Traps.
- Shopkeepers spawned in the The Mothership, the Eggplant King, Hired Hands, the Eggplant Child, Tusk's Bodyguards killed by Sparrow at the end of her questline, as well as the Caveman Shopkeeper and Ghist Shopkeeper do not count towards Criminalus when killed.
- Cloned NPCs, however, do count towards Criminalus.
- It is possible to achieve Criminalus without angering Shopkeepers by killing Yang, The Three Sisters, Madame Tusk and her eight Bodyguards in her Palace of Pleasure, Waddler, Tun, and either Beg or Tun for a second time (only the third Tun kill, where she leaves a corpse behind, counts). This totals up to 16 NPCs, achieving Criminalus.
Completing an NPC's quest will add a bright white star to the constellation. It is only possible to accrue a maximum of five stars due to the game's branching paths.
There are 6 different quests that the player can complete to add to the constellation:
- Buying out Yang's Pet Shop after delivering two Cave Turkeys to his pen.
- Rescuing Parsley, Parsnip, and Parmesan from sub areas in The Jungle.
- Helping Van Horsing kill Vlad in Vlad's Castle.
- Meeting Madame Tusk in her Palace of Pleasure after becoming a VIP from repeatedly winning her dice game in Tide Pool.
- Splitting the Palace of Pleasure's vault treasure with Sparrow.
- Making Beg drop The True Crown.
Angering or killing an NPC will nullify the star. It is only possible to obtain the stars for both Madame Tusk and Sparrow by teleporting into the Palace of Pleasure's vault to collect the treasure, as this will prevent Tusk from angering.
Constellations will have more stars depending on the player's health.
|Health Count||Star Count|
The character that the host player is playing as will also decide the glow that the constellation gives off.
|Ana Spelunky||Yellow Glow|
|Margaret Tunnel||Magenta Glow|
|Colin Northward||Cyan Glow|
|Roffy D. Sloth||Dark Gray Glow|
|Alto Singh||Cinnabar Glow|
|Liz Mutton||Green Glow|
|Nekka the Eagle||Olive Glow|
|LISE Project||White Glow|
|Coco von Diamonds||Cerulean Glow|
|Manfred Tunnel||Blue Glow|
|Little Jay||Lime Glow|
|Tina Flan||Lemon Glow|
|Valerie Crump||Iris Glow|
|Demi von Diamonds||Red Glow|
|Princess Airyn||Violet Glow|
|Dirk Yamaoka||Black Glow|
|Guy Spelunky||Khaki Glow|
|Classic Guy||Orange Glow|