The Clone is given to the player after successfully completing the Stars Challenge in Tide Pool ran by Tun. It requires the player to light every torch within the room, upon which the Clone Gun will be found in between the two forcefields near the entrance.
- Cloned Crates or Presents will have a different item inside of them compared to it's original copy. Cloned Presents will not have the same appearance as the original.
- When used on Excalibur, a Broken Sword spawns instead.
- Cloning an item sold at a shop and taking it will not anger the person running the shop.
- Using the Clone Gun on NPCs like Shopkeepers or Tun will anger both the generated clone and the original NPC.
- If the user uses a Forcefield or other reflecting hazard to hit themselves with the Clone Gun's projectile, it will clone them, generating a Hired Hand that looks identical to the player character.
- If the player somehow manages to clone the Clone Gun, it will create a copy with only one charge left, meaning that it cannot be cloned to use it more than three times.
- Using it on a Golden Idol rigged to a trap will not trigger the trap.
- Shooting the correct Ushabti with the Clone Gun will still cause it to produce a Qilin in the next level. If the player clones the correct Ushabti before it hatches on 6-3, the clone will not hatch until 6-4. By doing this again in 6-4 and taking the correct Ushabti to the Sunken City, a player can obtain another Qilin there.
- Cloning a Corpse Bag will cause its copy to contain the exact same amount of Bombs and Rope the original had. This can be used to obtain 99 bombs and 99 rope by cloning the Corpse Bag awarded from the Sun Challenge.